Currency Coming and Going
- Iranians' "banknote protest" (BBC).
- Printers' samples (Bank Note Reporter, via Numismatic News)
- "Scripophily", April 2018 issue (E-Sylum).
- This Emirati calligrapher's work appears on UAE banknotes (Khaleej Times). "When people ask me about my work, I tell them it's in their pockets."
- New Nepali 500 rupee note (MRI Bankers' Guide). And here (Banknote News).
- New Ghana 5 cedi note (Banknote News).
- Unusual forms of money (The Chive).
- Shopping in Beryozka shops during the Soviet era (Russia Beyond).
- Heroic women on Bolivia's banknotes (Letras Finas, in Spanish).
- Why does the United States do banknote design so badly? (Coin World).
- More on the upcoming Higgins Banknote Seminar (E-Sylum).
- Profile of Ma Rong, Chinese banknote engraver (Chinese Money Matters, via E-Sylum).
- Another affront to Scottish currency dignity (The Scotsman)
- Tubman uncertainties (Coin World). And here (Numismatic News).
- Some paper money favorites (Coinweek).
- ABBA, haters of cash (Time).
- Seeing stars on $100 notes (Numismatic News).
- Nobel winners on banknotes (Coinweek).
- When cash comes in handy (Numismatic News).
- Teaching kids their way around cash (Taipei Times).
- A discussion of Korean currency unification from 10 years ago (Brookings).
- An antique sword and an "Abraham Newland" at auction (Shropshire Star). And here (Whitchurch Herald). "An eccentric character, Abraham slept at the Bank of England itself for 25 years, largely a stranger to his own home. The expression ‘An Abraham Newland’ came to mean a bank note, because without his signature, no Bank of England note was genuine. He is perhaps best known for his self-written epitaph ‘Beneath this stone old Abraham lies, nobody laughs, and nobody cries, where he has gone, and how he fares, nobody knows and nobody cares’."
This "Abraham Newland" was found hanging on a wall (Shropshire Star)
About the Banknote Industry
Upcoming Industry Conferences
- High Security Printing Conference Latin America, June 11-13, Dominican Republic (Reconnaissance).
- Banknote 2018, May 21-24, 2018, Dallas, Texas (The Banknote Conference).
- African Currency Forum, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, September 2-5, 2018 (African Currency Forum).
- The Anti-Counterfeit & Currency Expo, Las Vegas NV, November 6-8, 2018 (News Anyway).
From the Annals of Crime
Websites to Like