Advertising notes are a branch of obsolete notes. They were essentially coupons offering a discount on a purchase of some goods, and resembled contemporary bank notes. Because they look like money, they were often saved.
More like this
- An Illustrated Catalogue of Early North American Advertising Notes
- Selling Solidity: Advertising Deposit Guaranties on State Bank Checks in the Early 20th Century
- Show Me the Money! The Standard Catalog of Motion Picture, Television, Stage and Advertising Prop Money
- More Adventures with Rare Coins
- 1886 $1 silver certificate- different seals?