I am interested in the eagle vignette on the front of this Corporation of Fort Valley NC ten cent note. This note is a spurious note, probably produced by the same persons who produced several other spurious "Corporation" notes in South Carolina (Corporation of Charleston, Corporation of Columbia, Corporation of Branchville, and Corporation of Cheraw).
The vignettes on the left (of a reaper with sheaf of wheat) and right (woman with rose) are very common on many other notes from other states. Yet I have never seen on any other note, or even elsewhere, the vignette in the center of the eagle perched on its nest with eaglets.
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone who has seen this vignette elsewhere let me know.
Thank you, Charles
More like this
- Dr. Glenn Jackson Literary Award: For best article in any news media about proofs, vignettes, etc
- Interesting Notes About Vignettes
- Interesting Notes About Vignettes II
- Eagle Coin Club Annual Coin Show
- Looking for "The Signers of Confederate Treasury Notes 1861-'65. A Catalog of their Signatures" book.